Monday, May 16, 2016

Holding pattern

We leave in 2.5 weeks! [insert googly-eyed emoji here]

Until then, we're in a bit of a holding pattern. Our focus right now is on cleaning up the house and figuring out what we want to save and what we still need to recycle or throw out. Currently, though, the house is a bit of a disaster area. This photo makes the situation look better than it actually is.


Although we're in disbelief that our departure date is so close, we're definitely excited. I interviewed Trent, Sam, Biscuit, and myself (can you interview yourself? I say yes) to get their thoughts on the impending move into the RV:

Q: What are three words you would use to describe our impending travels?

Sam: Do we have to do this right now? [I think he meant the interview.]
Trent: Unknown. Different. Exciting.
Me: Adventure. Nature. Problem solving.
Biscuit: My. Moving. Palace.

Q: What are you most excited about?

Sam: Everything, except the parts where we get really mad at each other.
Trent: A change in lifestyle, and the fact that it'll be easier to move when you get bored. [Me: And by "you," you mean... Trent: I mean you. Susanne.]
Me: Experiencing new places and being closer to nature.
Biscuit: Looking at hot guy cats out the window. Meow.

Q: What are you most worried about?

Sam: The water not functioning and you getting really mad. [Me: And by "you," you mean... Sam: You. Mom.]
Trent: Money.
Me: First of all, I don't know what you mean by "really mad." Second, I worry about RV issues, like the roof leaking and damaging everything and then we have to live full time with Biscuit in a tent because that's all we have left.
Biscuit: I am not living in a tent. Sorry.

Q: What's our biggest hurdle before we leave?

Sam: Please stop asking me questions. I'm trying to relax.
Trent: What Internet setup is right. Also, how are we going to get rid of our broken treadmill?
Me: What do we do with our gross old mattresses?
Biscuit: Catching all the bugs you've let into the house over the last few days.

Q: What is one thing you can't part with - something you have to take with you even if it isn't practical?

Sam: Biscuit. [Me: I meant other than members of the family. Sam: Biscuit. That's my final answer.]
Trent: My frisbees. I don't want to get rid of any of them, but I have six of them.
Me: Real glassware and my two favorite coffee mugs.
Biscuit: My eight bajillion cat toys. Even though nobody ever plays with me and I'm the most neglected, misunderstood cat ever.




2 comments:

hhcolorado said...

I'm worried about this coffee mug issue!?! A free ad in Craigslist is worth a try for a broken treadmill - advertised as such, someone might want it anyway! Good luck!

LFF2 said...

hhcolorado, that is exactly what we did and it totally worked! Someone picked it up and assured us he can fix it. It was great!