Friday, March 4, 2016

Trent's Top 10 List

Trent is your driver for this post.

Susanne asked me to list the top ten places I would like visit during our RV adventure.  For the purposes of this list, I’m not worrying about having access to the internet or being able to work.  I’m also not listing places we have family because I know we will go to those places.

In no real order after number 1.

1. Glacier National Park. We’ve been here many times but the park is huge and there is much more to see. Specifically, I want to spend more time in the eastern side of the park.

2. Austin, TX.  I’ve lived in Texas for a few months in 1990/1991 and got to travel to San Antonio. I loved that town. I’ve also spend some time in Galveston, TX a few years later. However, I never made it to Austin. We can likely make it to Austin this June on the way west and out of Texas.

3. Yellowstone. I’ve been to Yellowstone before and got to see a lot of the park. However, that was over 15 years ago and it’s a place I really want Sam to see.

4. The North Rim of the Grand CanyonI’ve been to the South Rim many times. I’d go back there too but I’ve never been to the North Rim.

5. The Florida Keys - I think it would be a good place to winter one year. Watching the Netflix series Bloodline renewed my interest in going here.

6. Portland.  I don’t think I’ve been to Portland. I want to go. It’s a place I’ve thought about living one day as the climate and politics seem a good fit for me.

7. Mount Rushmore National Memorial.  I’ve always wanted to go here and I’ve been close but never found the time. I think it would be a good place to take Sam for homeschool as he could learn about each of the presidents. It’s not just the presidents. I really like the landscape in this part of the country.

8. Canada. This might be cheating a bit by not listing one place in Canada but I’ve only seen a little bit of Canada. I want to go to Vancouver again, and then maybe to every city that has an NHL team and catch a game. Plus, I’ll sneak in the Waterton Lakes National Park here. It’s the northern extension of Glacial National Park.

9. Denali, Alaska. The only trick here might be getting me to leave.

10. Acadia National Park and the rest of Maine. I’ve been to all 50 states but I think Maine is the one I’ve spent the least amount of time in. This seems wrong as the cool weather and mountains make it my kind of place.

You probably think I am missing some major places here. I am. It’s partly because I didn’t look up any lists of places to visit and I might be forgetting something major. However, a lot of is it I have seen many of the places you are thinking of. I’ve been to the Grand Tetons, the Four Corner regions, the Parks of southern Utah and Northern Arizona, the Mountains of New Mexico, Lake Tahoe, San Fransisco, San Diego, and New Orleans.  I’ve been to these areas and want to go back to all of them.


Bonus: Savannah,Georgia.  Susanne and I once made plans to visit Savannah but they got canceled at the least second for some reason I don’t remember. I generally like southern coast towns and Savannah seems like the definition of a coastal town.


No comments: