Thursday, August 18, 2016

Does an RV feel like home?

Trent is your driver for this post.

Last Sunday we left Texas for New Mexico.  On the way out of Texas I got a weird feeling that we were somehow leaving home. The next day I told Susanne this and she said she felt the same way. I wasn’t expecting that feeling at all. When we left Indiana I felt like if we broke down on the side of the road we would already be home because we were in the RV. 

The overlook of Ohio River in Hanover, Indiana


However, in western Texas I got the feeling that if we broke down we would somehow not be near home. That doesn’t make a lot of sense because although we are now Fexans (fake Texans), we don’t have a home in Texas - we have a mailbox.  I guess I was starting to feel our home was in Texas State Parks.  It’s also possible San Angelo, Texas felt a little bit like home since I lived there for 9 months in the early 90’s.



However, now that feeling is gone. The RV and our new RV park feel like home. We love our new place again and just signed up to stay almost another week. When we are out and about in Roswell, it feels like we are just a few miles from home. If we at a park and it's starting to get dark we ask Sam, “Are you ready to go home?” and when we walk into the RV it feels like we are home again.

Home

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is the kind of stuff I especially love -- behind the scenes "what's it REALLY like?" Glad you feel at home in the RV!

LFF2 said...

Thank you! We are working on a "day in the life" post right now! Will be up in the next couple of days.